Acts 13 - 18:22
Teacher: Ed Reifsnyder
Fellow class members, I thought I would give you advance notice of this week’s three points we will cover in class in case you want to do some advance investigation.
- The Other. Early church history is notable for collisions with The Other. You may want to do a little research about the concept of The Other.
- The Jerusalem Council. One of the results of the collision of The Other with The Other is th Jerusalem Council. You may want to particularly review Acts 15.
- Paul’s evangelistic preferences. Paul’s mission was very focused and intentional in objectives. You might spend some time evaluating how Paul did business and who his target audience was.
Listen to the book of Acts from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV, NKJV
Short Outline of the Book of Acts from the Today's English Version:
- Preparation for the witness (1:1-26)
- Jesus’ last command and promise (1:1-14)
- The successor of Judas (1:15-26)
- The witness in Jerusalem (2:1 – 8:3)
- The witness in Judea and Samaria (8:4 – 12:25)
- The ministry of Paul (13:1 – 28:31)
- The first missionary journey (13:1 – 14:28)
- The conference in Jerusalem (15:1-35)
- The second missionary journey (15:36 – 18:22)
- The third missionary journey (18:23 – 21:16)
- Paul a prisoner in Jerusalem, Caesarea, and Rome (21:17 – 28:31)