Luke 22 - 24
Teacher: Darrell Rott
"The Perfect Man"
"Never was God more Godlike than when, in the person of Jesus, He was crucified for our sin." "Never did anything more exhibit, never will anything more redound to the glory of God than His making the Son lower than the angels in order to taste death for His people." A. W. Pink
"The perfect man was a high ideal in Greek culture. Written with Greeks in mind, Luke's Gospel shows how Jesus was the perfect man given as the perfect sacrifice for the sin of all people. Christ is the ideal human - the perfect model for us to follow. We must stand in awe of his character, which met humanity's highest ideals as well as God's demand for an atonement for sin, He is, at one and the same time, or model and our Savior." NLB
- Luke 24:13-46 The road to Emmaus.
- Luke 20:20-26 Is it right to pay taxes?
- Luke 20:27-40 Resurrection and marriage in heaven.
- Luke 21:5-28 Sign of the end, and the time of trouble.
- Luke 21:34-36 How to prepare for crisis.
- Luke 22:7-30 The perfect man!
- Luke 22:35-38 Two Swords.
- Luke 23:35-43 The fourth temptation of Jesus.
- Luke 23:56 Resting on the Sabbath.
- Luke 23:43-49 Jesus dies on the cross.
Listen to the book of Luke from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV, NKJV
Short Outline of the Book of Luke from the Today's English Version:
- Introduction (1:1-4)
- Birth and childhood of John the Baptist and of Jesus (1:5 – 2:52)
- The ministry of John the Baptist (3:1-20)
- The baptism and temptation of Jesus (3:21 – 4:13)
- Jesus’ public ministry in Galilee (4:14 – 9:50)
- From Galilee to Jerusalem (9:51 – 19:27)
- The last week in and near Jerusalem (19:28 – 23:56)
- The resurrection, appearances, and ascension of the Lord (24:1-53)