Teacher: Won Huh
Listen to the book of 2 Thessalonians from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV
Only a few months after writing his first letter to the Thessalonians, Paul writes his second letter to them because he’s troubled by some false beliefs that had formed in the church, possibly due to some misunderstandings from his first letter.
- How does Paul comfort and strengthen the Thessalonians who are facing continuing persecution?
- Wow! What do you do with 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10? (Righteous judgment feels so wrong!)
- Paul tries to calm down those who are terrified that the day of the Lord had already come.
- The return of Jesus should never inspire fear but rather hope and confidence.
- What other advice does Paul have for the Thessalonians?
- What promises does God make to those who are faithful to Him.
- What does 2 Thessalonians tell you about God?
Watch an overview of 2 Thessalonians from BibleProject: https://youtu.be/kbPBDKOn1cc
Short Outline of the Book of 2 Thessalonians from the Today's English Version:
- Introduction (1:1-2)
- Praise and exhortation (1:3 – 2:13)
- Counsel and warning (2:14 – 4:5)
- Paul’s own situation (4:6-18)
- Conclusion (4:19-22)