Teacher: Won Huh
Listen to the book of Genesis from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV
Genesis is the book of beginnings – the creation of the world, the human race, the entrance of sin and death, and God’s promise to solve the sin problem. As you read the Book of Genesis and enjoy the familiar stories, look for how God interacts with the people.
- Why do you think God created the world and the human race?
- What does the flood story tell you about God?
- If you think you have a dysfunctional family, find solace from the stories and see how God continues to work with the far-from-perfect families.
- Look for God’s desire to bless His creation despite their lack of trust and repeated failures.
- Look for the unfolding of God’s plans to save the world.
Short Outline of Genesis from Today's English Version
- Creation of the universe and of mankind (1:1 – 2:25)
- The beginning of sin and suffering (3:1-24)
- From Adam To Noah (4:1 – 5:32)
- Noah and the flood (6:1 – 10:32)
- The tower of Babylon (11:1-9)
- From Shem to Abram (11:10-32)
- The patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (12:1 – 35:29)
- The descendants of Esau (36:1-43)
- Joseph and his brothers (37:1 – 45:28)
- The Israelites in Egypt (46:1 – 50:26)
Other materials from class: