Hebrews and Jude
Teacher: Dee Briggs
I will be substituting for Rebecca on Sabbath, for the Hebrews and Jude lesson, and I’d like to get some stimulus info out there to the class members like:
PLEASE READ JUDE A COUPLE OF TIMES. WE WILL BEGIN WITH JUDE.
THEN ALSO READ AS MUCH OF HEBREWS AS YOU CAN. NOTICE HOW THE BOOK PROGRESSES FROM JESUS BEING THE BETTER REVELATION OF GOD, THE BETTER PRIEST/MEDIATOR, THE BETTER COVENANT, SACRIFICE, AND EVEN SANCTUARY.
PLEASE WRITE OUT AT LEAST ONE QUESTION FOR HEBREWS AND ONE FOR JUDE.
AND, HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Listen to the book of Hebrews from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV
Outline of Hebrews from the Today's English Version
- Introduction: Christ the complete revelation of God (1:1-3)
- Christ’s superiority over the angels (1:4 – 2:18)
- Christ’s superiority over Moses and Joshua (3:1 – 4:13)
- The superiority of Christ’s priesthood (4:14 – 7:28)
- The superiority of Christ’s covenant (8:1 – 9:28)
- The superiority of Christ’s sacrifice (10:1-39)
- The primacy of faith (11:1 – 12:29)
- Pleasing God (13:1-19)
- Closing prayer (13:20-21)
- Final words (13:22-25)
Listen to the book of Jude from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV
Outline of Jude from the Today's English Version
- Introduction (1-2)
- Character, teaching, and doom of the false teachers (3-16)
- Admonition to keep the faith (17-23)
- Benediction (24-25)