Philippians and Philemon
Teacher: Steve King
I’m going to play the tough professor next week in that I really expect people to read the book of Philippians. My questions are going to be somewhat of a personal nature. I’m going to do some didactics around the book teaching a little about the theme and structure of the book, but my main focus will be:
- What passages or what parts or what teachings of Philippians gives you the most strength to your personal faith? What does the book do to enhance and strengthen your faith?
- What passages challenge you the most? Which passages are the hardest for you to live up to?
- What passages cause you the most concern or are most difficult for you to understand or to apply to your lives?
Listen to the book of Philippians from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV
Short Outline of the Book of Philippians from the Today's English Version:
- Introduction (1:1-11)
- Paul’s personal circumstances (1:12-26)
- The life in Christ (1:27 – 2:18)
- Plans for Timothy and Epaphroditus (2:19-30)
- Warnings against enemies and dangers (3:1 – 4:9)
- Paul and his Philippian friends (4:10-20)
- Conclusion (4:21-23)
Listen to the book of Philemon from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV
Short Outline of the Book of Philemon from Today's English Version:
- Introduction (1-3)
- Praise for Philemon (4-7)
- Appeal for Onesimus (8-22)
- Conclusion (23-25)