Teacher: Won Huh
Listen to the book of Proverbs from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV
Proverbs is a collection of wise sayings from Solomon and other authors about skillful living covering a variety of topics - friendship, marriage, work, speech, temptations, child rearing, diligence, integrity and more.
- What are your favorite proverbs?
- What makes someone wise or foolish?
- Who is Lady Wisdom, Lady Folly, and what do they want from you?
- Why do we need a book of rules if we’re saved through Jesus Christ?
- How does the fear of the Lord fit in with wisdom and skillful living?
- Why did God give us the Proverbs and what can you learn about God through the Proverbs?
Try reading or listening to the Book of Proverbs in contemporary language, like The Message Bible. I think you’ll really enjoy it.
Short Outline of Proverbs from the English Standard Version
- Title, Goal, and Motto (1:1-7)
- A Father's Invitation to Wisdom (1:8 - 9:18)
- Proverbs of Solomon (10:1 - 22:16)
- The Thirty Sayings of "the Wise" (22:17 - 24:22)
- Further Sayings of "the Wise" (24:23-34)
- Hezekiah's Collection of Solomonic Proverbs (25:1 - 29:27)
- The Sayings of Agur (30:1-33)
- The Sayings of King Lemuel (31:1-9)
- An Alphabet of Womanly Excellence (31:10-31)