1 & 2 Corinthians
Teacher: Mark Johnson
We've talked a lot about the Books of 1st and 2nd Corinthians in our four years together. I'm going to focus a bit more on lessons from Corinth for our church today. Corinth was a church divided and some people feel that Adventism is divided. William Johnson said that we have two churches.
- How did Paul deal with a divided church?
- How should we deal with a divided church?
- What does the future of our church look like if we look at Corinth?
Listen to the book of 1 Corinthians from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV, NKJV
Short Outline of the Book of 1 Corinthians from the Today's English Version:
- Introduction (1:1-9)
- Factions in the church (1:10 – 4:21)
- Sexual morality and family life (5:1 – 7:40)
- Christians and pagans (8:1 – 11:1)
- Church life and worship (11:2 – 14:40)
- The resurrection of Christ and of believers (15:1-58)
- The offering for the Christians in Judea (16:1-4)
- Personal matters and conclusion (16:5-24)
Listen to the book of 2 Corinthians from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV, NKJV
Short Outline of the Book of 2 Corinthians from the Today's English Version:
- Introduction (1:1-11)
- Paul and the church at Corinth (1:12 – 7:16)
- The offering for the Christians in Judea (8:1 – 9:15)
- Paul’s defense of his authority as an apostle (10:1 – 13:10)
- Conclusion (13:11-14)