Teacher: Won Huh
2 Kings continue the stories of the kings of Israel and Judah as they lead their nations to destruction. It’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
- Enjoy the few gems of highlights that are surrounded by all the lowlights.
- See how the legacies of the kings are compared to the legacies of King David and King Jeroboam. Is it all about where your loyalty lies?
- What attracts people to the slippery slope and eventually fall down it?
- Look for examples of how God is quick to forgive, but the consequences of our actions can be devastating and long lasting.
Listen to the book of 2 Kings from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV, NKJV
Short Outline of the Book of 2 Kings from the Today's English Version:
- The divided kingdom (1:1 – 17:41)
- The prophet Elisha (1:1 – 8:15)
- The kings of Judah and of Israel (8:16 – 17:4)
- The fall of Samaria (17:5-41)
- The kingdom of Judah (18:1 – 21:26)
- From Hezekiah to Josiah (18:1 – 21:26)
- Josiah’s reign (22:1 – 23:30)
- The last kings of Judah (23:31 – 24:20)
- The fall of Jerusalem (25:1-30)