February 26, 2022 - Numbers
Teacher: Gordy Gates
Life is difficult. Rescuing, educating and raising a group of refugees as Moses is narrating in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy is even more difficult. Furthermore, challenges in life can become so difficult that we stop talking with God and trusting in God. Moses never appears to stop, even though many of his "students" do.
With these thoughts in mind please consider the following questions for next Sabbath as we study the book of Numbers.
- What characteristics did God see in the man Moses that made God INSIST, that Moses lead His chosen, teach His chosen and help raise His chosen people?
- What are we to learn of Moses' "slip up" or "demotion"? If God is a God of the second chance, why was Moses not given a second chance?
See you next Sabbath.
Listen to the book of Numbers from BibleGateway: ESV, KJV, MSG, NIV, NKJV
Short Outline of the Book of Numbers from the Today's English Version:
- The Israelites prepare to leave Mount Sinai (1:1 – 9:23)
- The first census (1:1 – 4:49)
- Various laws and rules (5:1 – 8:26)
- The second Passover (9:1 – 21:35)
- From Mount Sinai to Moab (10:1 – 21:35)
- Summary of the journey from Egypt to Moab (33:1-49)
- Instructions before crossing the Jordan (33:50 – 36:13)